Sunday, April 11, 2010

January 12th-Paseo Miramar



Dead pelican- so sad
View of Santa Monica
One of my favorite things about living in Santa Monica, is the hiking. I try to hike about 4 times per week, switching it up between Paseo Miramar (photos above), Temescal Canyon, and Topanga Canyon. Paseo is usually reserved for a weekend because it is a longer hike (2hrs), but Shauna B. and I had some time today, so we decided to hit the trail. It was a gorgeous day and there were not too many people hiking. This trail is great because not only is it a great workout, but the trail is wide so you can hike side by side.

After hiking, we headed to my favorite lunch spot, Huckelberry (Lemonade runs a very close second). I love the burrata and marinated peppers sandwich. As most of you know, I abhor “American Condiments,” so I rarely eat sandwiches, but these sandwiches don’t have mayo, mustard etc… on them. They are amazing. I ended up ordering the Trio of already made salads. We debated getting one of the amazing desserts but we decided against it.