Sunday, April 11, 2010

January 7- January 11-Babies and Weddings


I headed up to San Francisco for a weekend of weddings and baby showers. I went directly from the airporter stop up to Comforts, to meet up with Abbie S. and Yael M. Comforts might be my all time favorite lunch place ever in the world. The Chinese Chicken Salad is so good and we have been having lunch here since high school. We had a nice, long lunch and a good "catch up."

That night was dinner at Bungalow 44, with Justine W. We went from wanting to pick up salads at Whole Foods to somehow sitting at the bar at Bungalow and drinking champagne, eating oysters, and sharing some other dishes. The food was amazing and quite a step up from our proposed grocery store dinner. After dinner, Katie came to join us at my parents house where we watched a scary movie and they both slept over- just like Junior High... although we didn't crank call anyone.

The next day started with an awesome hike, in Mill Valley, with Lisa K. It was time to work off some of that food! Of course the hike was followed by brunch at the Dipsea Cafe. The Dipsea is one of my all time favorite brunch places. It was freezing and foggy outside and we enjoyed our brunch by the fire.

I continued to eat my way through Marin by having dinner with Stewart H. at Picco, that night. Picco is now my new favorite place to eat, in Marin. We started out with Gin and Tonics made with "Indian Tonic water." We didn't know what that meant, but it sounded fancy. All of the food was amazing but my favorite was the ahi tuna tartare with sticky rice cakes. We also liked how there was a "silent c" in the restaurant name.

After being a bridesmaid 12 times (seriously), I was excited to go to a wedding that I wasn't a part of. Not that I don't love being included in my friends' weddings (I do!), but it was nice to not be behind the scenes, for once, and to pick out my own dress. Katie's sister Meghan got married at the St. Francis Yacht Club, in San Francisco. It was a beautiful wedding and we had a great time. We headed to Balboa afterwards to meet up with some friends for a few drinks.

The next morning I went back to Marin for Johonna K's baby shower! Yael and I were two of the hosts and Yael had it at her beautiful home in San Rafael. It was a very mellow shower with lots of crafting, gift opening, and of course eating (I picked up salads from Comforts).