Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The First Post


For those who know me, I am basically a magnet for hilarious happenings and fun adventures. The fact that I also love to write makes me a good candidate for a fairly amusing blog (I hope). Even if no one reads it, I will be able to have it as a little time capsule of my early 30s. I have wanted to start one for some time now, but it never seems like the right time. I wish that I’d had one when I lived in Paris (not even sure if they existed in ’98), or that I had documented my “crazy” 20s in NYC, or all of my travels in SE Asia (I did write about Vietnam & Cambodia). I definitely don’t want to think that my best years are behind me, so I guess now is as good a time as any to start. After living in Santa Monica for a year and a half, I now have my favorite places but am still exploring the area and always finding new things that I love about L.A.

My friend Meg has a really fun blog: http://megtaylor.blogspot.com and was kind of the inspiration for me to start my own. I always love to check her blog after we have a fun outing and I would like for my friends to be able to do the same with mine.

Every time I take photo lately, I say it's "for the blog." It has become a running joke because I have yet to start this blog, until now...To quote actor Steve Martin, in his intentional misquoting of Shakespeare, at the start of LA Story:

"This other Eden...

demi-paradise…

this precious stone...

set in the silver sea of this earth,

this ground... this Los Angeles.”

3 comments: