Monday, May 31, 2010

January 22nd- Spiked Heels

Formosa Cafe

Jen on stage

Kristen previewing a Doie Spring/Summer Top!



I’m one of those annoying people who rarely leaves the West side. I’m usually AWOL (Always West of Lincoln). However, this weekend we decided to have some East side adventures. I’ve grown so accustom to the small town feel of Santa Monica and Venice, that other parts of LA now feel like “the big city” (this coming from someone who lived in Manhattan for almost 7 years).
Friday night we were excited to check out Mandy’s boyfriend’s new play- Spiked Heels! It was opening night and a big group of us had tickets. We first met for dinner at Yatai, an Asian Tapas restaurant. I decided to drive and driving is not my forte. Kristen was riding shotgun and kept saying things like “you have to drive more aggressively GO!” and “Turn, NOW, follow that person, U TURN…” It was a bit stressful but we made it right on time. I loved Yatai! The food was so good and I liked the atmosphere.
From Yatai we headed to the play, where we had front row seats! A little synopsis: “Pygmalion goes awry in this contemporary comedy that explores sexual harassment, misplaced love, and the possibility of a four-sided love triangle.” The play was awesome and Jeff, Mandy’s BF, did an amazing job! I highly recommend it!
The after party was at Formosa. I had never been to Formosa- it reminded me of a scene from the movie Swingers, so LA! In fact there was some type of 40s/Rockabilly party out back, but I was too much of a wimp to try and get a photo of the people dressed up. They looked amazing. I didn’t stay long, but I would totally go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment