Sunday, May 30, 2010

January 16, 2010 - My Birthday! (Afternoon)

Cheers!




After pilates we had worked up quite an appetite for brunch. A small group of us met at Gjelina, on Abbott Kinney, for my birthday brunch! I cannot say enough great things about Gjelina- it is by far my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles. The food is amazing, the atmosphere is great, and there is some of the best people watching and celebrity spotting of anywhere on the Westside. Speaking of celebrities, Edward Norton and a few of his friends were sitting in full view of our table. We tried not to notice him as we sipped our champagne but it was nearly impossible. When we were done eating we went outside to take a group photo. As it turned out, Edward and his friends were the only people around to take the photo! As I approached his group to see if someone could take the picture, I noticed he kind of shrank back when I approached with my camera- of course assuming that I wanted a photo with him. When I asked if someone could take a photo of us, he looked a little surprised/relieved and I thought it was pretty funny. One of his friends volunteered to do it.

After an amazing brunch we strolled Abbott Kinney and did a little shopping. Birthdays are not always my favorite but it was a pretty perfect day and we still had the night to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment